Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Concerns of a 3 Year Old

Yesterday afternoon, after a three hour typing session (I work from home), I was finally able to take a break. Noah ate his lunch and I cleaned up the kitchen and put in a load of laundry. One of the best parts of my day was about to take place...sitting down on the couch with my lunch and getting my daily Young and the Restless fix. Noah was in the playroom watching cartoons and enjoying one of his favorite things...a sucker. All of a sudden, little feet are running down the hall as fast as they can. He entered the den and the shear concern on his face was nothing like I had ever seen from him before. I spoke to him, but he completely ignored me. I watched for a second and then realized what he was up to...he climbed up in the big arm chair in our den and proceeded to stand up so that he could see in the mirror. He stood there for what seemed like an eternity studying himself. Still without saying a word, he climbed down, made his way over to me and just looked at me with the funniest look on his face. Then he says..."Mama...my mou...is boo!"

Don't we all wish we could sometimes go back to a time in our lives when our greatest concern is what color the sucker is making our tongues?

No comments: