Friday, July 11, 2008

Future Olympian


In honor of the 2008 Summer Olympic Games in Beijing, I thought I would take the time to pay tribute to a future United States Olympian...
Makenna began taking gymnastics about two years ago, when she was about 3 1/2, at Greenville Gymnastics. I've always lived near the gym and have passed by it thousands of times, but never really gave it any thought. Two summers ago, I was surfing the Internet one day trying to get some ideas for something that Makenna could get involved in for the summer and then it hit me...gymnastics. I checked out their website and was able to get Makenna into a trial class that afternoon. I figured this would be so perfect for her because she has always been such a ball of energy. She took part in the class that afternoon and we haven't looked back since. I signed her up for the rest of the summer on that very day and we've been taking lessons once a week since then.

We are very proud of her and she has progressed rather quickly. She is now in the Preschool Level 3/4 class and has her lessons in the "big gym" for one hour per week. She abolutely loves every second and her teachers have been so great with her. She especially loves Ms. Stacy and Ms. Bobbie. Every Tuesday, as soon as she is able, she puts on her leotard (she pronounces it leegatard) and not-so-patiently waits until the time arrives to leave for class.

We will allow her to continue lessons as long as she wants and who knows...maybe one day we will all be watching her receive her Gold Medal at the Olympics.

No comments: